Love & Dignity for the Elderly

Love the Elderly” is going to build a Community Centre for lonely elderly and disabled people in my village.

Please, if you donate, leave a comment to recommend the cause and explain your generosity.
Even 1 euro is going to help.

Unfortunately, due to misinformation and misleading TV programs, articles in newspapers and huge campaigns of defamation, Romania isn't seen with good eyes around the world. 
My fellow nationals are considered inferior humans who don't deserve much. 
An entire nation is held responsible for the sins of a few. 
It breaks my heart admitting this, but it's a truth that most ignore. 
I don't have many hopes for raising money this way, but I've got to try. 
I won't rest until I've done everything in my power to see a sparkle of joy on faces wrinkled by time and exceptional needs. 
If I can't raise money, I would like the raise awareness.  
We are humans just like you and our elderly deserve consideration. 
Please, don't look away. We are as worthy as everyone else. 

For many of us having a shower or a bath is part of a daily routine that we can’t do without. Generally, people take this for granted as it’s a basic need.
Not me. I know how it feels to have a strip wash when outside are -30 Celsius degrees. 
That was one reason I emigrated. 
I wanted to have a proper shower every day and give the same opportunity to my parents.
We all put a lot of weight on that. My dad (especially) was obsessed with hygiene. 

Many elderly and disabled from rural areas in my country have never had a proper bath in their entire lives as their homes are not provided with a bathroom.
Old houses don’t have running water and no facilities to live a normal life as we know it. People wash in plastic bowls or buckets, piece by piece, and they do their laundry by hand.
I know because that’s how my octogenarian parents live.

I want to stress out on the fact that Romanians are very keen on hygiene. Despite not having a bathroom where to have a shower, they do wash (themselves) daily.  
But it is hard, time-consuming and very uncomfortable.

I also want to highlight the fact that I am referring to the elderly generation from rural areas, not the urban ones. 
In the cities the situation is different. All buildings (old and new) have a bathroom, running water, and all the other facilities most humans are familiar with.

A very rural poor shower in nature
This is a "big thing" for many elderly from rural areas in my country. The old houses don't have a bathroom or running water
Actually, now it's only my mum. I lost my father a few months ago after many years of tremendous sufferance. My father needed assistance with everything and bathing him was a titanic work because of the issues mentioned above.
He had a complete wash every day for the last 16 years of his life.

Love and dignity for the elderly
These are, were, my parents in 2017 under the supervision of one of my sisters. My dad passed away in April of 2018. He was 83. 
Many ill, disabled and elderly people live alone and have no social life in my country (as in many others too, I know).
Nobody visits them because the younger generations emigrated in the pursuit of a better life.

You wouldn't believe if I told you that the pensions of many elderly and disabled are as low as 1 Ron, not even 25 pence. 
Some get 200 Ron which is about 50 euros. 
A few get 400-500 Ron = 100-110 euros. 
Most can't afford to buy a loaf of bread every day. 
They don't live, they survive.

At the same time, they are some who have a lot. But that's the other side of the coin. 

The elderly and the ill are ignored by the society and the government doesn’t help them because they are a liability... a burden. 
I call it "the invisible or the forgotten generation". 

Many people from around the world assume that life in Romania is cheap because of these pensions or the salaries of many workers. 
It is not, quite the contrary. 
If Romanians want to have the same standards of living as in England, Germany, France, USA, etc., they need to pay the same amount of money - if not more in certain situations. 

I will not discuss the corruption and bribery in my country. It is not my place. Besides, I don't want to attract retaliation from those who abuse their power. 

The foundation needs friends and support, not enemies and hindrance. 

Click here for the plans and intentions.
Don't look away.
Spread the love.  


















Niciun comentariu